Sunday 21 September 2008

Walking in a Woolly Wonderland


My inner child died just a little bit when I realised I wanted one of these. Now admittedly I am going to end up looking like an old granny if my clothing taste keeps up this way, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take as long as my girlish flesh can be cushioned by this woolly piece of sweetness. I had a feel when I was in Debenhams in Ipswich, and it was wonderfully soft and amazingly not itchy like so many winter woollies turn out to be.

Problem is it does kind of scream grandma, or "first time mother still trying to hide her after-birthing paunch". Also it's one of those horrendously pretentious garments where you're likely to spend 50% of your time throwing the loose part over your left shoulder with your right hand. But it's only £25 and if you think about the amount of money I could theoretically save on heating by wearing this bad boy, I could theoretically be rolling in it by New Years'.

This will require more thought. And more colours. Not a big fan of beige.

No comments: